|Home Inspection Services
|Preparing for a Home Inspection|
|Whether you’re planning on having your home inspected or you’re preparing for an inspection from the buyer, there are some things that can be done to facilitate the process.
1) Keep clear areas around water heaters, electrical panels, furnaces/air conditioners, attic/crawl space openings. These are areas any home inspector will need safe access to and we do not (in most cases) move your stuff without permission.
2) Consider having your furnace serviced prior to any home inspection. This is usually the most common item that comes up in a report. Why not avoid it from the beginning. Services usually cost about $150 or more and a heating specialist is able to detect for poisonous gas leakage and/or major defects.
3) Most good agents will tell you to declutter your home prior to putting it on the market because it will “show” better. This is also true for assisting in the home inspection process. The more things that are accessible/visible the more efficient and less invasive the process has to be.
4) If you have any thing that is unique (i.e. location of water heaters or furnaces, etc) let the listing agent know or leave a note.
5) Optional: If you have the energy, time and/or money, clean up the exterior (gutters, downspouts, remove wood debris, etc). This reduces the number of common issues that come up on the report and lessens the opportunity for sellers to get nitpicky.
A home inspection is NOT a “code inspection”. We do use codes to explain why you may consider changing something or to highlight specific safety areas. There are ways that you can use this information to your advantage. For example, you have had this inspection and you have priced your home accordingly, knowing all of the things that may need repair in the near future.
Having your home inspected can save you the headache of unexpected items coming up in a buyers inspection.
|Servicing Baie D'Urfe, Beaconsfield, Dollard des Ormeaux, Dorion, Dorval, Hudson, Ile Bizard, Kirkland, Notre Dame de l'Ile Perrot, Pierrefonds, Pointe Claire, Roxboro, Senneville, Ste. Anne de Bellevue, St-Lazare, Vallyfield, Vaudreuil, as well as serving Chateauguay, Cote St-Luc, Hampstead, Lasalle, Laval, Montreal West, Montréal, Notre Dame de Grâce, Outremont, Verdun, Ville St Laurent and Westmount|